Demi Lovato Slams Disney on Twitter For Eating Disorder Joke
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Glamour7 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Wonderwall8 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @demilovato/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Craig Ferguson plays it loose with new game showMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:49:17 AM
- 'Maze Runner' Buries 'Tombstones' and Laughs Off 'This MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- Box office: 'Maze Runner' buries Liam Neeson's 'Tombstones&aMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OK
Demi Lovato has been open with her fans about her struggle with food, and now the star is fuming over a joke about eating disorders on the Disney Channel's show "Shake It Up."
Lovato, 19, who entered rehab last year for bulimia and bipolar disorder was upset with a character who quipped, "I could just eat you up, well if I ate."
"I find it really funny how a company can lose one of their actress' from the pressures of an EATING DISORDER and yet still make joke about that very disease. #nice," the singer and former star of "Sonny With a Chance," tweeted Friday.
Lovato added: "And is it just me or are the actress' [on Disney Channel] getting THINNER AND THINNER.... I miss the days of RAVEN, and LIZZIE MCGUIRE," referencing former Disney actresses Raven Simone and Hilary Duff.
She then sent one final message to her former employer: "Dear Disney Channel, EATING DISORDERS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT."
In addition to reaching more than five million followers, Lovato's rant clearly made it to Disney. Just a few hours later the company's official public relations responded to her with two tweets:
"@ddlovato - we hear you & are pulling both episodes as quickly as possible & reevaluating them"
"@ddlovato - It's NEVER our intention to make light of eating disorders!"
As a result, Disney pulled the "Shake It Up" episode titled "Party It Up" and an episode of another show called "So Random!."
The company's quick actions seemed to satisfy Lovato. She tweeted: "@DisneyChannelPR thank you."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
See what famous names Reese Witherspoon, George Clooney and other celebs have given their pets.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite