Denise Richards defends her skinny body: 'I have a very healthy lifestyle'
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG2 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Vanessa Pacheco, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: North Shore Animal League/Facebook/.6 of 11
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/Wonderwall8 of 11
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Denise Richards isn't wasting away, despite rumors to the contrary. In recent weeks, the actress has been criticized for supposedly looking "painfully thin" and "extra skinny" by several media outlets, including The Sun, Radar Online, The Daily Mail and E! News. The 42-year-old mother of three defended her athletic build during the Radio Disney Music Awards in Los Angeles on Apr. 27.
"I don't know why lately I've been getting so much flack for it," Richards told "Extra." "I have a very healthy lifestyle and I'm busy."
The Pilates devotee added, "What bothers me is I have three daughters [Sam, 9, Lola, 7, and Eloise, 22 months]. I'm such an advocate for health and fitness. ... In moderation, we eat ice cream all the time. I had grilled cheese before we got here!"
In fact, at Carbon Audio's launch party for Zooka in West Hollywood on Aug. 3, 2012, Richards told Us Weekly her girls are healthy eaters by choice. "They actually like to cut up fresh vegetables with ranch dressing on the side. That's their favorite!" she shared. "They love helping. They like making salads because they like chopping things up and rinsing the lettuce. Nothing too fancy!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite