Denise Richards defends her skinny body: 'I have a very healthy lifestyle'
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Boris Issaei/NPG2 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Vanessa Pacheco, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: North Shore Animal League/Facebook/.6 of 11
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/Wonderwall8 of 11
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal LifeMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:33:00 PM
- 'Heroes' Alum Greg Grunberg to Guest on 'CSI'MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:01:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the
Denise Richards isn't wasting away, despite rumors to the contrary. In recent weeks, the actress has been criticized for supposedly looking "painfully thin" and "extra skinny" by several media outlets, including The Sun, Radar Online, The Daily Mail and E! News. The 42-year-old mother of three defended her athletic build during the Radio Disney Music Awards in Los Angeles on Apr. 27.
"I don't know why lately I've been getting so much flack for it," Richards told "Extra." "I have a very healthy lifestyle and I'm busy."
The Pilates devotee added, "What bothers me is I have three daughters [Sam, 9, Lola, 7, and Eloise, 22 months]. I'm such an advocate for health and fitness. ... In moderation, we eat ice cream all the time. I had grilled cheese before we got here!"
In fact, at Carbon Audio's launch party for Zooka in West Hollywood on Aug. 3, 2012, Richards told Us Weekly her girls are healthy eaters by choice. "They actually like to cut up fresh vegetables with ranch dressing on the side. That's their favorite!" she shared. "They love helping. They like making salads because they like chopping things up and rinsing the lettuce. Nothing too fancy!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite