Did Extramarital Text Messages Doom Eva and Tony?Related: Hot Gossip, Eva Longoria
- Photo: VPC/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: VPB/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 7
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
By Kat Giantis
Does sending flirty text messages to someone other than your spouse count as cheating? In the wake of Eva Longoria's divorce filing, details are emerging about husband Tony Parker's alleged texting habits with a former teammate's wife.
"They knew each other, sent each other messages," a source explains to People magazine. "It was flirtatious, but he never did anything with her."
Echoes an insider to the New York Post. "There's no physical relationship between Tony and Erin. There was texting that went on for a while and probably crossed the line. Eva found out by looking at his phone."
According to Celebuzz, Longoria and Parker have been close with the Barrys for several years, and Tony and Erin were simply "leaning on each other as their respective marriages went through troubles."
Uh-huh. Because emotionally connecting with someone other than your significant other always ends well. Moving on...
"Look, any wife is going to be upset with what Tony did," another spy pipes in to RadarOnline, "but he swears the relationship with Erin stopped there and they never had sex."
Hours after Longoria filed to end her three-year marriage to Parker on Wednesday, citing the usual irreconcilable differences, she confirmed her discovery of hundreds of suspicious texts in a heart-to-heart with her longtime pal, "Extra" host Mario Lopez.
The "Desperate Housewives" actress also accused her basketball-star hubby of keeping in Facebook contact with a woman she claims he two-timed her with just months after their elaborate 2007 wedding outside Paris.
"Eva wants everyone to know she's devastated by the rumors of Tony's infidelity," declared Lopez. "She loved her husband and is heartbroken about their split. But she's strong."
RELATED: Eva through the years
Meanwhile, Brent Barry's dad, NBA Hall of Fame player Rick Barry, has also weighed in on the reports, telling TMZ, "I feel horrible for my son. I'm in shock. I knew [Erin] was moving out of the house soon and SHE was the one that filed for divorce. This is the straw that broke the camel's back."
Continues Papa Barry, "[Brent] is going to be devastated. I can't even imagine him going through this ... the divorce was hard enough news."
Longoria, 35, and Parker 28, released matching statements on Wednesday, announcing, "It is with great sadness that after seven years together, [we] have decided to divorce. We love each other deeply and pray for each other's happiness."
As for which party decided to call it quits first, that's open to debate. A source tells TMZ that despite Eva's initial denial of the divorce reports, she had talked Tony out of filing in San Antonio so she could pull the legal trigger in Los Angeles.
Not so, insists a Longoria source, who contends, "Eva and Tony were still talking about working out the marriage up until the morning she filed."
What do you think of Tony's rumored texts to another woman? Tell us in the comments.
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite