Did Extramarital Text Messages Doom Eva and Tony?Related: Hot Gossip, Eva Longoria
- Photo: VPC/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: VPB/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 7
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
By Kat Giantis
Does sending flirty text messages to someone other than your spouse count as cheating? In the wake of Eva Longoria's divorce filing, details are emerging about husband Tony Parker's alleged texting habits with a former teammate's wife.
"They knew each other, sent each other messages," a source explains to People magazine. "It was flirtatious, but he never did anything with her."
Echoes an insider to the New York Post. "There's no physical relationship between Tony and Erin. There was texting that went on for a while and probably crossed the line. Eva found out by looking at his phone."
According to Celebuzz, Longoria and Parker have been close with the Barrys for several years, and Tony and Erin were simply "leaning on each other as their respective marriages went through troubles."
Uh-huh. Because emotionally connecting with someone other than your significant other always ends well. Moving on...
"Look, any wife is going to be upset with what Tony did," another spy pipes in to RadarOnline, "but he swears the relationship with Erin stopped there and they never had sex."
Hours after Longoria filed to end her three-year marriage to Parker on Wednesday, citing the usual irreconcilable differences, she confirmed her discovery of hundreds of suspicious texts in a heart-to-heart with her longtime pal, "Extra" host Mario Lopez.
The "Desperate Housewives" actress also accused her basketball-star hubby of keeping in Facebook contact with a woman she claims he two-timed her with just months after their elaborate 2007 wedding outside Paris.
"Eva wants everyone to know she's devastated by the rumors of Tony's infidelity," declared Lopez. "She loved her husband and is heartbroken about their split. But she's strong."
RELATED: Eva through the years
Meanwhile, Brent Barry's dad, NBA Hall of Fame player Rick Barry, has also weighed in on the reports, telling TMZ, "I feel horrible for my son. I'm in shock. I knew [Erin] was moving out of the house soon and SHE was the one that filed for divorce. This is the straw that broke the camel's back."
Continues Papa Barry, "[Brent] is going to be devastated. I can't even imagine him going through this ... the divorce was hard enough news."
Longoria, 35, and Parker 28, released matching statements on Wednesday, announcing, "It is with great sadness that after seven years together, [we] have decided to divorce. We love each other deeply and pray for each other's happiness."
As for which party decided to call it quits first, that's open to debate. A source tells TMZ that despite Eva's initial denial of the divorce reports, she had talked Tony out of filing in San Antonio so she could pull the legal trigger in Los Angeles.
Not so, insists a Longoria source, who contends, "Eva and Tony were still talking about working out the marriage up until the morning she filed."
What do you think of Tony's rumored texts to another woman? Tell us in the comments.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite