Dina Lohan's lawyer: Paparazzi stress is to blame for DWI arrest
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Frank Eltman/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 11
- Photo: Instagram/.6 of 11
- Photo: DCA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: GRPR/GSI10 of 11
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
A lawyer for Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, has blamed the stress of constantly trying to avoid the paparazzi for causing her client's drunk-driving arrest in Long Island, N.Y., last month.
Dina Lohan was hit with charges for driving while intoxicated and speeding after she was pulled over near her Long Island home on Sept. 12.
Police found her to have a blood alcohol level of more than double the state's legal limit of 0.8 percent, but she pleaded not guilty to the counts recently, when a judge suspended her license and released her without bail.
She was back in court on Wednesday, and, after a routine hearing, her lawyer Mark Heller read out a report from a court-appointed evaluator, suggesting the judge should take into account the "circumstances and challenges of Dina's lifestyle ... in prosecuting this case."
RELATED: Dina Lohan writing a memoir
Heller claims the evaluator also insisted the 50-year-old did not need alcohol abuse treatment, adding, "The report said, concerning Ms. Lohan, there is no indication that Dina suffers from abuse or dependence. Her driving record is remarkably unblemished. Therefore, treatment is not being recommended."
The favorable evaluation will come as some relief for Dina. Her famous daughter recently completed a 90-day court-ordered stint in rehab after struggling with her own substance abuse issues for years.
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite