Dina Lohan's lawyer: Paparazzi stress is to blame for DWI arrest
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Frank Eltman/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 11
- Photo: Instagram/.6 of 11
- Photo: DCA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: GRPR/GSI10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
A lawyer for Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, has blamed the stress of constantly trying to avoid the paparazzi for causing her client's drunk-driving arrest in Long Island, N.Y., last month.
Dina Lohan was hit with charges for driving while intoxicated and speeding after she was pulled over near her Long Island home on Sept. 12.
Police found her to have a blood alcohol level of more than double the state's legal limit of 0.8 percent, but she pleaded not guilty to the counts recently, when a judge suspended her license and released her without bail.
She was back in court on Wednesday, and, after a routine hearing, her lawyer Mark Heller read out a report from a court-appointed evaluator, suggesting the judge should take into account the "circumstances and challenges of Dina's lifestyle ... in prosecuting this case."
RELATED: Dina Lohan writing a memoir
Heller claims the evaluator also insisted the 50-year-old did not need alcohol abuse treatment, adding, "The report said, concerning Ms. Lohan, there is no indication that Dina suffers from abuse or dependence. Her driving record is remarkably unblemished. Therefore, treatment is not being recommended."
The favorable evaluation will come as some relief for Dina. Her famous daughter recently completed a 90-day court-ordered stint in rehab after struggling with her own substance abuse issues for years.
Get out the vote
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite