Dina Lohan's lawyer: Paparazzi stress is to blame for DWI arrest
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Frank Eltman/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 11
- Photo: Instagram/.6 of 11
- Photo: DCA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: GRPR/GSI10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
A lawyer for Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, has blamed the stress of constantly trying to avoid the paparazzi for causing her client's drunk-driving arrest in Long Island, N.Y., last month.
Dina Lohan was hit with charges for driving while intoxicated and speeding after she was pulled over near her Long Island home on Sept. 12.
Police found her to have a blood alcohol level of more than double the state's legal limit of 0.8 percent, but she pleaded not guilty to the counts recently, when a judge suspended her license and released her without bail.
She was back in court on Wednesday, and, after a routine hearing, her lawyer Mark Heller read out a report from a court-appointed evaluator, suggesting the judge should take into account the "circumstances and challenges of Dina's lifestyle ... in prosecuting this case."
RELATED: Dina Lohan writing a memoir
Heller claims the evaluator also insisted the 50-year-old did not need alcohol abuse treatment, adding, "The report said, concerning Ms. Lohan, there is no indication that Dina suffers from abuse or dependence. Her driving record is remarkably unblemished. Therefore, treatment is not being recommended."
The favorable evaluation will come as some relief for Dina. Her famous daughter recently completed a 90-day court-ordered stint in rehab after struggling with her own substance abuse issues for years.
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite