Distraught Kim Kardashian Bails on Rest of Australia Trip
- Photo: Robert Wallace/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: POA/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: JE1/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 15
- Photo: WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: VLUV/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Kim Kardashian is cutting short her time in Australia -- nixing planned promotional engagements through the weekend in Melbourne and elsewhere. Various Australian news outlets confirm that the reality star, 31, is flying home to the U.S. with sister Khloe on Thursday or Friday. Despite filing for divorce from husband Kris Humphries on Monday, she had forged ahead with the big trip.
Somber throughout her appearances Down Under, the divorcee-to-be initially said she was determined to honor her Australian commitments, marital disasters be damned.
One of Kardashian's canceled gigs include an appearance at the Melbourne Cup Carnival for Swisse vitamins marquee on Saturday, for which she was reportedly to be paid $150,000. Last-minute, reps attempted to cajole Khloe to attend in her distraught sister's behalf, but she refused.
"I am very disappointed that I am unable to attend the Swisse marquee but I hope to come back and work with the Swisse team at another point in time," she said.
A crestfallen spokesman for Swisse vitamins added: "All indications were that Kim wanted to fulfill all of her commitments once she landed in Australia but has obviously changed her mind given her very difficult personal challenges at the moment," the spokesman said.
"I love our fan base out here. Of course I do really want some time to myself and it has been tough," she said of Humphries, 26, to whom she had been married for 72 days. "But I didn't wanna bail on everyone and, you know, skip out on this commitment."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite