ICU Doctors searching for source of Bret Michaels' bleeding
- Photo: George Napolitano/GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Ross Marino/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic4 of 7
- Photo: RD / Jim McKenzie/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- 'One Tree Hill's' Robert Buckley Joins CW Pilot 'iZombie&apoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Paramount to Honor Oracle Co-Founder Larry Ellison at Gala Benefiting Cancer Research at USCMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Exclusive: The Blacklist Casts Tom's "Brother" MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Black Sails: Is Billy Dead?MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:28:00 PM
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-
Updated, Sunday April 25
"At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition," the post reads. "He is under 24 hour doctors care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc., will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal."
On Friday, Bret's father told RadarOnline his son was awake and staying positive.
Wally Sychek said he spoke to his son, 47, in the hospital Friday morning.
"He sounded upbeat and positive but they had him sedated," Sycheck said. "But he's doing good. He sounded like my son."
The Poison frontman's rep told UsMagazine.com Saturday, "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being run and information will be updated in the coming days."
Sychek says doctors believe Michaels' hemorrhage and emergency appendectomy earlier this month are complications from his type 1 diabetes.
"We're all keeping our fingers crossed and saying our prayers," Sychek said. "He just needs to be quiet now and get rested."
Michaels' two daughters with ex-girlfriend Kristi Lynn Gibson and his tour manager are currently at his bedside in the hospital, Sychek added.
Michaels is still in contention to win Celebrity Apprentice. Said Donald Trump, "I am deeply saddened to hear about Bret Michaels and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time. He's a great competitor and champion and I hope he will be fine."
The rocker blogged on Fancast.com last week that he "could have died" from appendicitis.
"When you're not planning on having a body part ripped out of you, it can be a shock to the system," he wrote. "I've spoken to several doctors and they all seem to be impressed with the condition I have been able to keep myself in as a juvenile diabetic. But a lot of extra care needs to be taken to make sure my body heals correctly."
More from UsWeekly:
More from Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite