Drake Bell: I talk to Amanda Bynes every day
- Photo: @AmandaBynes/RexUSA/Twitter1 of 14
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: GOAL/GSI4 of 14
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: AGNY/GSI10 of 14
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter13 of 14
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
While Amanda Bynes is tweeting her affections for rapper Drake, she's apparently spending time with her former co-star Drake Bell. The "Amanda Show" star comes to the defense of his friend, claiming that he is in constant contact with the 27-year-old actress.
"I talk to her every day. She's a sweetheart. I had lunch with her yesterday, and she's brilliant. She's good, and she's healthy," Bell, 26, told OK! magazine on June 9.
As for her recent behavior, including an arrest after she reportedly tried to discard a bong out of her New York apartment building, the actor says of his friend, "She's in a place right now where she is searching. She's ready to be her own person, and do her own thing. She's experiencing life for real, without the spotlight, for the first time. She is a girl who is finding herself."
Bell insists that it's media outlets that are portraying her as an unstable person. "It hurts me and it upsets me, because I look at her and talk to her, and we'll sit down for lunch or dinner, and I'm like 'Amanda, what is going on?' And she's like, 'Whatever,'" he explains. "She's the same beautiful, funny, artistic, thoughtful person that she's always been, but she decided to change her hairstyle. She got a bad hairdo and shaved her head, so she had to get extensions. Now everyone's like, 'Oh, you're crazy.'"
The "Drake & Josh" actor adds, "I'm like, 'Dude, you come off crazy.' She's like, 'I know, but I don't mean to. I just changed the way I look!'"
According to her co-star, Bynes has never shown any bizarre behavior toward him. "Anytime I've ever been with Amanda, she's totally coherent, totally there, totally everything."
His advice for his friend? Get back into comedy! "The closest to Carol Burnett in our generation is Amanda Bynes. She's brilliant, she's a genius, she's funny as hell."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite