Drake Bell: I talk to Amanda Bynes every day
- Photo: @AmandaBynes/RexUSA/Twitter1 of 14
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: GOAL/GSI4 of 14
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: AGNY/GSI10 of 14
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
While Amanda Bynes is tweeting her affections for rapper Drake, she's apparently spending time with her former co-star Drake Bell. The "Amanda Show" star comes to the defense of his friend, claiming that he is in constant contact with the 27-year-old actress.
"I talk to her every day. She's a sweetheart. I had lunch with her yesterday, and she's brilliant. She's good, and she's healthy," Bell, 26, told OK! magazine on June 9.
As for her recent behavior, including an arrest after she reportedly tried to discard a bong out of her New York apartment building, the actor says of his friend, "She's in a place right now where she is searching. She's ready to be her own person, and do her own thing. She's experiencing life for real, without the spotlight, for the first time. She is a girl who is finding herself."
Bell insists that it's media outlets that are portraying her as an unstable person. "It hurts me and it upsets me, because I look at her and talk to her, and we'll sit down for lunch or dinner, and I'm like 'Amanda, what is going on?' And she's like, 'Whatever,'" he explains. "She's the same beautiful, funny, artistic, thoughtful person that she's always been, but she decided to change her hairstyle. She got a bad hairdo and shaved her head, so she had to get extensions. Now everyone's like, 'Oh, you're crazy.'"
The "Drake & Josh" actor adds, "I'm like, 'Dude, you come off crazy.' She's like, 'I know, but I don't mean to. I just changed the way I look!'"
According to her co-star, Bynes has never shown any bizarre behavior toward him. "Anytime I've ever been with Amanda, she's totally coherent, totally there, totally everything."
His advice for his friend? Get back into comedy! "The closest to Carol Burnett in our generation is Amanda Bynes. She's brilliant, she's a genius, she's funny as hell."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite