'Duck Dynasty' star Reed Robertson opens up about former struggles with suicidal thoughts
- Photo: @reed6robertson/Instagram1 of 5
- Photo: @reed6robertson/Instagram2 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: @MissyDuckWife13/Twitter4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Are you ready for more "Duck Dynasty" family secrets? Phil Robertson and Miss Kay recently spoke about former alcohol issues and infidelity. And now Reed Robertson has come forward, speaking about his struggles with suicidal thoughts a couple of years ago.
RELATED: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: I won't do the show much longer
“I told my youth minister that … I pretty much told him that I wanted to kill myself," Reed talked about the dark time in his life in a new film made by religious group IAmSecond, via ABC News.
Fortunately, his parents Jase and Missy Robertson were there to help him through the hard times.
"My mom was devastated of course," Reed explained, "My dad told me, he said, ‘That is the most selfish thing that you can do … Leave this world because you can't take it.' And I really believe that that's true."
Wise words from his family made the TLC reality star realize the value of his life and how much he was loved.
"I just thought about, like, 'I'm about to leave all these people that I could have a really huge impact with,' I was finally free of doubts, of having an attitude of being cynical, and I remember being so relieved."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite