Duo behind Stamos blackmail attempt get four years
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) -- A Michigan couple convicted of trying to extort money from actor John Stamos have each been sentenced to four years in prison.
RELATED: Stamos testifies in extortion case
Allison Coss and Scott Sippola were accused of demanding $680,000 from Stamos in exchange for embarrassing photos they claimed to have of him. They threatened to sell the pictures to the tabloids if he didn't agree. The FBI says pictures never existed.
RELATED: Why should Aniston date Stamos?
The Mining Journal of Marquette says a federal judge on Friday gave the same punishment to Coss and Sippola.
Stamos did not attend the court hearing in Marquette in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. He has known Coss since meeting her in Orlando, Fla., in 2004 when she was 17.
Stamos starred on "ER" and "Full House" and now plays a dentist on Fox's hit musical "Glee."
RELATED VIDEO: Stamos on 'Glee'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite