'DWTS' Pro Lacey Schwimmer: Bigoted Reactions to Chaz Bono 'Not Cool'
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/FS2/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX FMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:53:00 AM
- James Franco Calls New York Times Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch' Over 'OMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:51:00 AM
- Netflix, Snapchat, 'Veronica Mars' Win Producers Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Survivor' Hits Low, But Still Tops NightMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:25:00 AM
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full LawsuitMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX F
Chaz Bono is set to make "Dancing With the Stars" history as the first transgendered person to compete on the ABC smash -- and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer is bummed that some fans of the show are slamming the milestone move.
"It's disappointing," Schwimmer told The Insider.com of negative reactions to Bono posted on ABC's website and cruel jokes made at his expense on late night TV.
"No human is perfect, so why are they pointing out what they perceive to be an imperfection in someone else? It's not cool. We're all taught to not bully or harass, and treat everyone as equals yet all these people are doing exactly the opposite," she says.
Schwimmer was over the moon to learn that LGBT activist and author (and the child of Cher and the late Sonny Bono) would be her partner for Season 13.
"I was absolutely thrilled. I've always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community and I couldn't be more excited to have Chaz. Not only is he Sonny & Cher’s child but he’s also a generally cool person," Schwimmer explained.
How is Chaz doing in rehearsals so far? "He's picking up choreography very easily, but his stamina was very low. So we’ve been putting him through drills that will make him stronger in the competition. It’s all about him being able to breathe and get through a full dance."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite