'DWTS' Pro Lacey Schwimmer: Bigoted Reactions to Chaz Bono 'Not Cool'
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/FS2/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Chaz Bono is set to make "Dancing With the Stars" history as the first transgendered person to compete on the ABC smash -- and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer is bummed that some fans of the show are slamming the milestone move.
"It's disappointing," Schwimmer told The Insider.com of negative reactions to Bono posted on ABC's website and cruel jokes made at his expense on late night TV.
"No human is perfect, so why are they pointing out what they perceive to be an imperfection in someone else? It's not cool. We're all taught to not bully or harass, and treat everyone as equals yet all these people are doing exactly the opposite," she says.
Schwimmer was over the moon to learn that LGBT activist and author (and the child of Cher and the late Sonny Bono) would be her partner for Season 13.
"I was absolutely thrilled. I've always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community and I couldn't be more excited to have Chaz. Not only is he Sonny & Cher’s child but he’s also a generally cool person," Schwimmer explained.
How is Chaz doing in rehearsals so far? "He's picking up choreography very easily, but his stamina was very low. So we’ve been putting him through drills that will make him stronger in the competition. It’s all about him being able to breathe and get through a full dance."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite