'DWTS' Pro Lacey Schwimmer: Bigoted Reactions to Chaz Bono 'Not Cool'
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/FS2/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Chaz Bono is set to make "Dancing With the Stars" history as the first transgendered person to compete on the ABC smash -- and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer is bummed that some fans of the show are slamming the milestone move.
"It's disappointing," Schwimmer told The Insider.com of negative reactions to Bono posted on ABC's website and cruel jokes made at his expense on late night TV.
"No human is perfect, so why are they pointing out what they perceive to be an imperfection in someone else? It's not cool. We're all taught to not bully or harass, and treat everyone as equals yet all these people are doing exactly the opposite," she says.
Schwimmer was over the moon to learn that LGBT activist and author (and the child of Cher and the late Sonny Bono) would be her partner for Season 13.
"I was absolutely thrilled. I've always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community and I couldn't be more excited to have Chaz. Not only is he Sonny & Cher’s child but he’s also a generally cool person," Schwimmer explained.
How is Chaz doing in rehearsals so far? "He's picking up choreography very easily, but his stamina was very low. So we’ve been putting him through drills that will make him stronger in the competition. It’s all about him being able to breathe and get through a full dance."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite