'DWTS' Pro Lacey Schwimmer: Bigoted Reactions to Chaz Bono 'Not Cool'
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/FS2/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Chaz Bono is set to make "Dancing With the Stars" history as the first transgendered person to compete on the ABC smash -- and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer is bummed that some fans of the show are slamming the milestone move.
"It's disappointing," Schwimmer told The Insider.com of negative reactions to Bono posted on ABC's website and cruel jokes made at his expense on late night TV.
"No human is perfect, so why are they pointing out what they perceive to be an imperfection in someone else? It's not cool. We're all taught to not bully or harass, and treat everyone as equals yet all these people are doing exactly the opposite," she says.
Schwimmer was over the moon to learn that LGBT activist and author (and the child of Cher and the late Sonny Bono) would be her partner for Season 13.
"I was absolutely thrilled. I've always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community and I couldn't be more excited to have Chaz. Not only is he Sonny & Cher’s child but he’s also a generally cool person," Schwimmer explained.
How is Chaz doing in rehearsals so far? "He's picking up choreography very easily, but his stamina was very low. So we’ve been putting him through drills that will make him stronger in the competition. It’s all about him being able to breathe and get through a full dance."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite