Dylan Sprouse defends restaurant host job
- Photo: thomasbombadil/Instagram1 of 4
- Photo: @TheOleKingCole/Twitter2 of 4
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Following Jon Gosselin's lead? Former Disney star Dylan Sprouse, of "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody," wrote a special note on his Tumblr page on Sept. 23 to address rumors that he is broke after fans spotted him working at a New York City restaurant.
"So many pictures have gotten out that I'm now working as a host at a restaurant in NY. To clear up the air (which is admittedly pretty rude), I did not take this job because I 'lost all my money,' I am financially secure, and took this job as a way to primarily feed my over bountiful video game addiction," the 21-year-old actor explained. "I also took this as a way to try a new experience, working somewhat below the means I'm used to, as well as a way to socialize and get out of the house."
The child star further defended his decision to take a normal job. "I feel most comfortable when I'm working and doing something, to criticize someone of that is pretty odd," he added. "I will potentially return to acting someday, but in no way do I think any experience is a step down for me, but rather a new step in another direction."
Sprouse starred on the Disney Channel's "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" and "The Suite Life on Deck" from 2005 to 2011 alongside twin brother Cole Sprouse. Last May, he explained on the YouTube series "Conversations with Natalia" that he and his brother said goodbye to the Disney Channel to go to college. "Historically, Disney Channel stars don't survive well outside of the Disney environment. ... We decided that we should go and get a higher education [and also] give time for people to forget about us," he said. "If we left and returned four years later after we've grown, gained an education, looked physically different. ... it would only do good for us."
In October 2012, Sprouse told the NYU Local news blog that he is studying video game design with a double major in poetry and studio art at NYU.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite