- Photo: Eddie Cibrian and Brandi Glanville in May 2009/John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 9
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Mike Guastella/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social MediaMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:14:00 AM
- Ice Cube, Dr. Dre Find Their MC Ren, DJ Yella for N.W.A. BiopicMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Zoe Saldana Poses Nude for Women's Health MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:52:00 AM
- VH1 Renews 'Hit the Floor' for Season 3MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Politico Editor Rachel Smolkin Jumps to CNN as Executive Editor, PoliticsMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:23:00 AM
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social Media
By Kat Giantis
Looks like that shut-yer-trap-urging cease-and-desist letter that LeAnn Rimes recently sent to Eddie Cibrian's estranged wife has only made her gums flap harder. In an interview with E! News, Brandi Glanville reveals how she suspected early on that the actor's relationship with the country singer was a little too chummy.
"There was a chemistry," she says of Eddie and LeAnn's off-screen bonding while filming the 2009 Lifetime movie "Northern Lights." "It was just, something was there ... I could tell. He denied it."
According to Brandi, who has two children with Cibrian, she attempted to derail the growing attraction by double-dating with Rimes and her then-husband, Dean Sheremet.
The plan didn't go as well as she hoped.
"It was very much the Eddie-LeAnn show," she recalls of the quartet's night out. "It was just a connection, an energy that they had. It was threatening at the time."
Kvetches Glanville, "I just felt like she wanted my man. I just wanted to completely kibosh it."
It didn't work, which became abundantly clear in March 2009 when Us Weekly unveiled its "Caught in an Affair" cover story, which featured grainy photos of Rimes and Cibrian swapping spit.
And what of that cease-and-desist warning she received from Rimes, which reportedly told her to clam up or face legal action? Brandi says it left her confused.
"I feel like it's a bit of a contradiction, sending me a letter and then doing an interview [with People magazine] saying she's sorry," she notes, adding that taking such a step "is not what's best for my children."
RELATED: The Cheated Hearts Club
Despite everything, Glanville insists she wouldn't mind one bit if Eddie and LeAnn one day tied the knot.
"I think it would be great," she enthuses. "I think the consistency for the children, not having different women come in and out of his [life], would be the easiest thing."
Meanwhile, in other two-timing stars of Lifetime movie news ...
Some women discuss their deepest, darkest relationship fears with their BFF over copious cocktails. Tori Spelling prefers to confide them to a national audience.
"We're a loving couple, but we're human and definitely not perfect," she acknowledges in an exclusive excerpt from her latest book, "uncharted terriTORI," in this week's People magazine. "Given our history, I often get worried that Dean is going to cheat on me. If the phone rings and it's a girl's voice I have to ask if he's having an affair."
RELATED: Tori's Twitterview
That history, in case you've forgotten (perhaps the part of your brain that once held this information has replaced it with something useful, like the ingredients of a Ho Ho), Tori and Dean hooked up on the set of the Lifetime movie "Mind Over Murder" while both were married to other people. (Dean and his then-wife, Mary Jo Eustace, had also just adopted a little girl; she finalized the adoption as a single parent).
"Dean has never been anything but devoted, and he tells me over and over again that he would never do that," says Spelling, who has two children, Liam 3, and Stella, 2, with McDermott. "Deep down, I believe him. But I can't stop myself. For some reason I'm compelled to accuse him of cheating."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite