Elisabetta Canalis Tells Magazine About George Clooney Split
- Photo: REVOLUTIONPIX/Bauer-Griffin1 of 14
- Photo: LUCA SGRO/Bauer-Griffin2 of 14
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin3 of 14
- Photo: Marco Vicino/Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: KPA/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: PPB/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Olycom/Bauer-Griffin8 of 14
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Fame Pictures12 of 14
- Photo: Mathew Imaging/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- CNN Anchor Calls Fox Nation 'Willfully Ignorant Fsticks'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your Frie
George Clooney has moved on to Stacy Keibler.
And his ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has also moved on to Los Angeles and "Dancing with the Stars."
Three months after she and Clooney, 50, confirmed their split, the Italian model and TV personality opened up about the end of their two-year romance and its aftermath.
"At the end of the day, I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure," Canalis, 32, tells Italian magazine Chi. "There is nothing ever pretty in saying goodbye."
Multiple pals told Us that Canalis was eager to take her relationship with Clooney to the next level -- i.e. marriage -- but the notorious bachelor balked. (His new romance with Keibler, 31 -- who also appeared on "Dancing With the Stars" -- is going strong, pals told Us.)
Canalis hinted at her side of the story in her freewheeling chat with Chi.
"I'm a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to love, I am a doormat," she said. "I'm looking for men who can give me security."
The beauty added that she might have bad, unhealthy taste in guys. "I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me," she sniffed. "You have to accept that Prince Charming who is coming to save you is not going to happen -- it works against you."
Her "Dancing With the Stars" gig, it seems, arrived at just the right time.
"The end of a relationship is complicated," she admitted. "I went to the United States, because at the moment I could no longer face the world. Watching my life being dissected was not easy for me."
She's surprisingly discovered peace in Hollywood, though. "Here in Los Angeles I have found serenity. I've also found work. It was a difficult time for me, but you have to get on with things."
Canalis is hopeful about romantic prospects, too. "In the past I would self-destruct when it came to love: I was immature, throwing myself into things, but now times have changed. I want a relationship where you understand the other person."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite