Elizabeth Banks: I Get Mistaken for Chelsea Handler Constantly
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: AP/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:21:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC and Fox Tie on Labor DayMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:04:00 AM
- Spike TV Names 'Crossbones' Producer Ted Gold as SVP, Scripted Original SeriesMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:36:00 AM
- US Journalist Steven Sotloff Beheaded by ISIS in New Video (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:34:00 AM
- Ceelo Green Accused of Tweeting: 'People Who Have Really Been Raped REMEMBER!!!'MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 9:09:00 AM
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016
It's no secret that Elizabeth Banks and E! comedienne Chelsea Handler bear a striking resemblance.
During an appearance on Chelsea Lately Monday, 37-year-old Banks admitted that while she's often mistaken for the Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang author, she rarely corrects people when they're wrong.
"I was sitting in Toronto and a guy walked up to me and said, 'Oh my god, my girlfriend loves you. She would die if I didn't get your autograph. This is so exciting!'" the Our Idiot Brother actress recalled. "He's like, 'I just love your books. I mean, My Horizontal Life....' I was like, 'Oh, he thinks he's meeting Chelsea Handler.' I couldn't ruin it for him!"
"I was like, 'It's nice to meet you,'" Banks told the man, acting as Handler. "I was just hanging out, being Chelsea, drinking my vodka and having a good time. He couldn't have been happier."
Handler experienced a similar situation in April when Bill O'Reilly mistook her for Banks at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
"People always say, 'They look alike, but Chelsea's obviously much older.' Meanwhile, we're the same age," Handler, 36, quipped. "It's like, what is wrong with everybody? Why can't I just get a break?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite