Elizabeth Banks: I Get Mistaken for Chelsea Handler Constantly
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: AP/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
It's no secret that Elizabeth Banks and E! comedienne Chelsea Handler bear a striking resemblance.
During an appearance on Chelsea Lately Monday, 37-year-old Banks admitted that while she's often mistaken for the Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang author, she rarely corrects people when they're wrong.
"I was sitting in Toronto and a guy walked up to me and said, 'Oh my god, my girlfriend loves you. She would die if I didn't get your autograph. This is so exciting!'" the Our Idiot Brother actress recalled. "He's like, 'I just love your books. I mean, My Horizontal Life....' I was like, 'Oh, he thinks he's meeting Chelsea Handler.' I couldn't ruin it for him!"
"I was like, 'It's nice to meet you,'" Banks told the man, acting as Handler. "I was just hanging out, being Chelsea, drinking my vodka and having a good time. He couldn't have been happier."
Handler experienced a similar situation in April when Bill O'Reilly mistook her for Banks at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
"People always say, 'They look alike, but Chelsea's obviously much older.' Meanwhile, we're the same age," Handler, 36, quipped. "It's like, what is wrong with everybody? Why can't I just get a break?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite