Elizabeth Banks: I Get Mistaken for Chelsea Handler Constantly
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: AP/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- Fox COO Chase Carey: 'A La Carte Cable is a Farce'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:28:45 AM
- How McG Lured Producer Lance Sloane Back to Warner Bros. With 'Aim High'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:27:11 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New President
It's no secret that Elizabeth Banks and E! comedienne Chelsea Handler bear a striking resemblance.
During an appearance on Chelsea Lately Monday, 37-year-old Banks admitted that while she's often mistaken for the Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang author, she rarely corrects people when they're wrong.
"I was sitting in Toronto and a guy walked up to me and said, 'Oh my god, my girlfriend loves you. She would die if I didn't get your autograph. This is so exciting!'" the Our Idiot Brother actress recalled. "He's like, 'I just love your books. I mean, My Horizontal Life....' I was like, 'Oh, he thinks he's meeting Chelsea Handler.' I couldn't ruin it for him!"
"I was like, 'It's nice to meet you,'" Banks told the man, acting as Handler. "I was just hanging out, being Chelsea, drinking my vodka and having a good time. He couldn't have been happier."
Handler experienced a similar situation in April when Bill O'Reilly mistook her for Banks at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
"People always say, 'They look alike, but Chelsea's obviously much older.' Meanwhile, we're the same age," Handler, 36, quipped. "It's like, what is wrong with everybody? Why can't I just get a break?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite