Elizabeth Vargas' husband Marc Cohn blasts affair claims
- Photo: PN2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Neira/ABC/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: AO1/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: ARF/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- 'Graceland's' Brandon Jay McLaren Books Recurring Role on 'GirlfMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service Philo
A "no comment" with a side of comment! Elizabeth Vargas' husband Marc Cohn issued a strongly worded statement regarding new claims alleging he had an affair while Vargas was in rehab for alcoholism.
"I have no comment regarding vicious rumors about a so-called 'affair,'" the Grammy-winning songwriter said in a statement to Daily Mail through a spokesperson on March 13.
Citing multiple sources, the New York Post's Page Six first reported on March 12 that Cohn allegedly had an affair with their mutual friend, Flywheel co-founder Ruth Zukerman. Multiple sources tell Us Weekly that Cohn and Vargas, however, are currently separated.
"20/20" anchor Vargas, 51, announced back in November that she was seeking treatment for alcohol abuse. On Jan. 24, she made her first TV appearance post-rehab and admitted, "I am an alcoholic."
Vargas and Cohn, 54, have been married for nearly 12 years, and are parents to Zachary, 11, and Samuel, 7. The journalist credited her husband for being the first one to tell her she needed to get help for alcoholism, but she didn't want to listen. "'You have a problem. You're an alcoholic,'" she recalled Cohn saying. "It made me really angry, really angry. But he was right."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite