Ellen DeGeneres denies marriage problems with Portia De Rossi
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros./Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: CARV/GSI9 of 11
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Firm denial! During her monologue on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Dec. 11, Ellen DeGeneres slammed a tabloid rumor about her marriage with Portia de Rossi. The 55-year-old talk show host vehemently denied a recent magazine's "Ellen and Portia Marriage Crumbles" claim, which she first spotted after seeing the issue at a hair salon.
"I was like, 'Oh, what happened? They seemed so happy.' And then I was like, 'Wait, I'm Ellen,'" she joked. "And I should know if that was happening."
But DeGeneres became slightly more serious while setting the record straight. "It's so ridiculous to me," she said. "There's not one ounce of truth to any of it. I'm very happily married. In fact, the only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more. That is all. It really is true. And we argue if we'd let a kangaroo carry us around in its pouch for a year," the comedienne added. "I would. She wouldn't. She'll change her mind. Who wouldn't want to be in the pouch of a kangaroo for a year? Hopping around. And she's like 'no' but anyway."
DeGeneres then explained to her audience members that they can trust her to share important information about her life. "If there's anything you need to know, I'll announce it here first," she explained.
DeGeneres and actress de Rossi, 40, married in August 2008. Proving their marriage is better than ever, DeGeneres revealed their funny 2013 Christmas card on her talk show on Dec. 6. In the snapshot, the couple spoofs Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's raunchy "Bound 2" music video with the message: "Bound for a Merry Christmas, Love, Ellen & Portia."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite