Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I Still Don't Want Kids
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG2 of 14
- Photo: BUFR/GSI3 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi haven't changed their minds about starting a family.
When DeGeneres, 54, appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Sept. 6, the daytime talk show host was asked about ongoing rumors that she and de Rossi, 39, are in search of a sperm donor to start a family. (The women wed at their home in the summer of 2008, during the brief period when same-sex marriage was legal in California.)
"I heard you and Portia are having a baby," host Jay Leno, 62, told DeGeneres. "Is this true?"
"I'm here for your sperm," DeGeneres deadpanned. "That is not true. I don't know why people want this. I've said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we're looking for the right donor. Although, you would be a good donor, so I'll keep it in mind, just in case. I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well."
DeGeneres -- who is days away from the Season 10 premiere of her eponymous talk show -- explained that she has no issue with children, but she has no desire to become a parent herself.
"I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the comedian said. "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book, "Seriously ... I'm Kidding," DeGeneres made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that "people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
Get out the vote
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite