Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I Still Don't Want Kids
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG2 of 14
- Photo: BUFR/GSI3 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Emmy Parties 2014: Zoe Saldana, Michelle Dockery, Aaron Paul Break the Seal (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Yahoo Passes on Saving Enlisted From CancellationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves WMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:42:00 PM
- SNL Alum Rachel Dratch Will Guest-Star on Parks and Recreation's Final SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi haven't changed their minds about starting a family.
When DeGeneres, 54, appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Sept. 6, the daytime talk show host was asked about ongoing rumors that she and de Rossi, 39, are in search of a sperm donor to start a family. (The women wed at their home in the summer of 2008, during the brief period when same-sex marriage was legal in California.)
"I heard you and Portia are having a baby," host Jay Leno, 62, told DeGeneres. "Is this true?"
"I'm here for your sperm," DeGeneres deadpanned. "That is not true. I don't know why people want this. I've said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we're looking for the right donor. Although, you would be a good donor, so I'll keep it in mind, just in case. I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well."
DeGeneres -- who is days away from the Season 10 premiere of her eponymous talk show -- explained that she has no issue with children, but she has no desire to become a parent herself.
"I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the comedian said. "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book, "Seriously ... I'm Kidding," DeGeneres made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that "people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
Get out the vote
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite