Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I Still Don't Want Kids
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG2 of 14
- Photo: BUFR/GSI3 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi haven't changed their minds about starting a family.
When DeGeneres, 54, appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Sept. 6, the daytime talk show host was asked about ongoing rumors that she and de Rossi, 39, are in search of a sperm donor to start a family. (The women wed at their home in the summer of 2008, during the brief period when same-sex marriage was legal in California.)
"I heard you and Portia are having a baby," host Jay Leno, 62, told DeGeneres. "Is this true?"
"I'm here for your sperm," DeGeneres deadpanned. "That is not true. I don't know why people want this. I've said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we're looking for the right donor. Although, you would be a good donor, so I'll keep it in mind, just in case. I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well."
DeGeneres -- who is days away from the Season 10 premiere of her eponymous talk show -- explained that she has no issue with children, but she has no desire to become a parent herself.
"I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the comedian said. "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book, "Seriously ... I'm Kidding," DeGeneres made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that "people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
Get out the vote
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite