Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I Still Don't Want Kids
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG2 of 14
- Photo: BUFR/GSI3 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi haven't changed their minds about starting a family.
When DeGeneres, 54, appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Sept. 6, the daytime talk show host was asked about ongoing rumors that she and de Rossi, 39, are in search of a sperm donor to start a family. (The women wed at their home in the summer of 2008, during the brief period when same-sex marriage was legal in California.)
"I heard you and Portia are having a baby," host Jay Leno, 62, told DeGeneres. "Is this true?"
"I'm here for your sperm," DeGeneres deadpanned. "That is not true. I don't know why people want this. I've said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we're looking for the right donor. Although, you would be a good donor, so I'll keep it in mind, just in case. I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well."
DeGeneres -- who is days away from the Season 10 premiere of her eponymous talk show -- explained that she has no issue with children, but she has no desire to become a parent herself.
"I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the comedian said. "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book, "Seriously ... I'm Kidding," DeGeneres made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that "people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite