Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I Still Don't Want Kids
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG2 of 14
- Photo: BUFR/GSI3 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Jimmy/Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi haven't changed their minds about starting a family.
When DeGeneres, 54, appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Sept. 6, the daytime talk show host was asked about ongoing rumors that she and de Rossi, 39, are in search of a sperm donor to start a family. (The women wed at their home in the summer of 2008, during the brief period when same-sex marriage was legal in California.)
"I heard you and Portia are having a baby," host Jay Leno, 62, told DeGeneres. "Is this true?"
"I'm here for your sperm," DeGeneres deadpanned. "That is not true. I don't know why people want this. I've said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And they say that we're looking for the right donor. Although, you would be a good donor, so I'll keep it in mind, just in case. I mean, it would have beautiful blue eyes, and a good sense of humor and a good shot at a NBC show. We would do well."
DeGeneres -- who is days away from the Season 10 premiere of her eponymous talk show -- explained that she has no issue with children, but she has no desire to become a parent herself.
"I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the comedian said. "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book, "Seriously ... I'm Kidding," DeGeneres made light of the pressure to procreate, writing that "people are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite