Ellen Pompeo Welcomes a Baby Girl
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 7
- Photo: Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/Wireimage/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Will Davies/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Meredith Grey is a mom!
"Grey's Anatomy" actress Ellen Pompeo and husband Chris Ivery have welcomed their first child, a girl, her rep tells Usmagazine.com exclusively.
"Her name is Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery," her rep tells Us. "She was born Sept. 15 in Los Angeles."
Pompeo, 39, and the music producer, 41, who tied the knot at a small ceremony in 2007, announced they were expecting in April.
"It's a huge lifestyle change, and I take that very seriously," she told Allure in 2008 of motherhood. "[Chris and I] enjoy our life so much. We go to Europe and sleep in. So when I have the baby, I won't feel like we've missed any fun, reckless times together, like staying up all night drinking champagne and having sex until five in the morning and not having to get up until two in the afternoon."
Her "Grey's" co-star Jessica Capshaw told Us that Pompeo was ready to be a mom.
"She is so on top of it, and she is so excited, and she is very sweet about it," she told Us in May. "She is doing her research."
Added Capshaw, "She is exactly the way that she should be about it, which is really excited and hopeful but at the same time really pragmatic and planning. And I think that is the best way for her to be."
The new season of "Grey's Anatomy" starts Sept. 24. Pompeo's co-star Katherine Heigl recently adopted a baby girl from Korea.
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
More on Usmagazine.com:
From Crowd Ignite