Ellen Pompeo Welcomes a Baby Girl
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 7
- Photo: Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/Wireimage/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Will Davies/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
Meredith Grey is a mom!
"Grey's Anatomy" actress Ellen Pompeo and husband Chris Ivery have welcomed their first child, a girl, her rep tells Usmagazine.com exclusively.
"Her name is Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery," her rep tells Us. "She was born Sept. 15 in Los Angeles."
Pompeo, 39, and the music producer, 41, who tied the knot at a small ceremony in 2007, announced they were expecting in April.
"It's a huge lifestyle change, and I take that very seriously," she told Allure in 2008 of motherhood. "[Chris and I] enjoy our life so much. We go to Europe and sleep in. So when I have the baby, I won't feel like we've missed any fun, reckless times together, like staying up all night drinking champagne and having sex until five in the morning and not having to get up until two in the afternoon."
Her "Grey's" co-star Jessica Capshaw told Us that Pompeo was ready to be a mom.
"She is so on top of it, and she is so excited, and she is very sweet about it," she told Us in May. "She is doing her research."
Added Capshaw, "She is exactly the way that she should be about it, which is really excited and hopeful but at the same time really pragmatic and planning. And I think that is the best way for her to be."
The new season of "Grey's Anatomy" starts Sept. 24. Pompeo's co-star Katherine Heigl recently adopted a baby girl from Korea.
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite