Emily VanCamp Talks Dating 'Revenge' Costar Josh Bowman: We 'Keep It All Very Separate'
- Photo: Elle1 of 21
- Photo: JXA/WENN2 of 21
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet3 of 21
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage4 of 21
- Photo: KAZA/GSI5 of 21
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet6 of 21
- Photo: Miguel/Fame Flynet7 of 21
- Photo: WENN8 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP9 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 21
- Photo: Zavar/NPG11 of 21
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage12 of 21
- Photo: Dmac/Rocstar/Fame Flynet13 of 21
- Photo: FRIOLO, Bryan/NPG14 of 21
- Photo: FRIOLO/NPG15 of 21
- Photo: Fame Pictures16 of 21
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: LG/Miguel/Fame Flynet18 of 21
- Photo: AB1/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Emily Thorne struggles to maintain the guise of a normal, happy marriage while plotting to avenge her father's murder, but her off-screen counterpart, Emily VanCamp, has no problem with genuine love and honesty. The "Revenge" star has been in a relationship with her costar Josh Bowman for more than two years.
The quiet, private Canadian actress, 27, opened up in a rare interview with Elle Canada about her relationship with the British hunk.
“Josh and I keep it all very separate," VanCamp said of her personal and professional life. "I barely talk about him in interviews, to be honest."
It makes sense that the two ABC stars would keep their characters at arms length. They are currently married on the show, but at each others throats after Daniel (Bowman) shot Emily on their wedding night. As of the Jan. 19 episode, master manipulator Emily is currently staying with the Grayson family by blackmailing her bitter hubby.
"It’s just really funny in the moments when we’re playing these absolutely absurd things," VanCamp mused. "I call him ‘wife-beater Daniel.’ It’s hard for my family to watch. It’s also hard for them to see me in that light. But we’re actors. None of that lives in any of us. Thank God!”
The soft-spoken "Brothers and Sisters" alumna doesn't seem to have a problem with leaving her aggressive, conniving character at the door.
“I’ve always been very good at letting my characters go at the end of the day," she said. "For almost three years now, I’ve been playing with these heightened emotions —- someone who’s so much more tortured than I could ever be, with so much more anger than I could ever have. At a certain point, it does start to weigh on you physically and mentally, and suddenly you’re not coping with things as well. I think it’s emotional exhaustion. It’s definitely something I’m trying to catch and change as much as possible when I really feel that it’s getting me down. I started meditating this year, which was hugely helpful. You have to let this all out.”
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite