Erin Andrews: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Made Me Cry
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News3 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: DCA/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Don't ever get Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Elisabeth Hasselbeck on the same dance floor.
The "Dancing With the Stars" pro, 30, has lashed out at "The View" cohost, 32, after she dissed his partner, Erin Andrews.
On her ABC talk show Tuesday, Hasselbeck criticized Andrews for wearing skimpy outfits on "DWTS" after a peephole stalker famously posted a nude video of the ESPN reporter, 32 (he is now serving a 2 1/2-year prison term).
Said Hasselbeck: "In light of what happened ... and as inexcusable as it was for that horrific guy to go in and try to peep on her in her hotel room ... I mean, in some way if I [was] him, I [would be] like, 'Man! I just could've waited 12 weeks and seen this -- a little bit less -- without the prison time!'"
Chmerkovskiy quickly fired back: ""I'm the one designing [Andrews'] dresses for the show, so I'll just assume that [Hasselbeck] is jealous ... and stupid...."
Pro Louis Van Amstel also defended Andrews, tweeting to Hasselbeck: "Why did u have to throw @erinandrewsespn under the bus this morning? Shame on [you] ... Leave her alone. Aren't u all working for the same network ABC/ESPN???? U should have each other's back, not trashtalk Erin."
Even Evan Lysacek chimed in: "So disappointed that anyone would attack [her] after all she's been through."
Andrews told "Access Hollywood" she "cried" after hearing the remarks. "I think people can have opinions about the show, but my biggest complaint is she's a woman and a mother and it was a mockery of something I've lived through this last year ... I felt like it was a slap in the face for victims of stalkers and victims of sexual predators."
UPDATE: Elisabeth Hasselbeck has apologized for the controversial comments she made, both publicly and privately. Speaking tearfully on Wednesday's episode of "The View," Hasselbeck said she regretted her remarks, leaving work Tuesday feeling badly about them.
Hasselbeck told viewers about how she opened up to her 5-year-old daughter at home: “She's so cute, she said to me, ‘Mommy, why don't you just call Erin and tell her you're sorry?' So, thankfully, I listened to her — she's a wise little girl — and I did. So, I'm really sorry, and I wanted to offer that publicly too, even though I did follow that advice.”
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
From Crowd Ignite