Eva Longoria after divorce: 'I was not eating' and became 'so skinny'
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: The Grosby Group/.13 of 16
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
After splitting with husband Tony Parker in late 2011, Eva Longoria stopped taking care of herself. In the April 26 episode of "The Dr. Oz Show," the 38-year-old "Desperate Housewives" alumna explains how her divorce affected her well-being.
Longoria describes the months after their breakup as "the time I got the most compliments, because I was so skinny. I was not eating. I was depressed. I was sad. My diet was coffee."
The star continues, "People kept saying, 'You look amazing. Divorce agrees with you. And I was like, 'I don't feel good. I have no energy.' I didn't know I was depressed. I mean, I knew it was a sad moment in my life, but I wouldn't categorize myself as depressed."
The self-described optimist realized something was wrong, so she went to her doctor to get some blood tests done. "I was just depleted of every vitamin," Longoria recalled. "He said it's as if somebody took a straw and sucked everything out of your body. 'You don't have any iron and your liver's overacting.' It was like all these things were physically wrong with my body, so I had to saturate with vitamins and kind of get back on this track."
Since receiving her wakeup call, the single star has adopted a healthier diet. "I cut out all sugar. Anything that turns into sugar is sugar. I love a soda, I'm not a chocolate candy person, but, I like pasta in anything," Longoria said. "For about three months, I did a really strict no-sugar diet, and I had more energy than I've ever had. My palate was different. Things tasted better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite