Eva Longoria after divorce: 'I was not eating' and became 'so skinny'
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: The Grosby Group/.13 of 16
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
After splitting with husband Tony Parker in late 2011, Eva Longoria stopped taking care of herself. In the April 26 episode of "The Dr. Oz Show," the 38-year-old "Desperate Housewives" alumna explains how her divorce affected her well-being.
Longoria describes the months after their breakup as "the time I got the most compliments, because I was so skinny. I was not eating. I was depressed. I was sad. My diet was coffee."
The star continues, "People kept saying, 'You look amazing. Divorce agrees with you. And I was like, 'I don't feel good. I have no energy.' I didn't know I was depressed. I mean, I knew it was a sad moment in my life, but I wouldn't categorize myself as depressed."
The self-described optimist realized something was wrong, so she went to her doctor to get some blood tests done. "I was just depleted of every vitamin," Longoria recalled. "He said it's as if somebody took a straw and sucked everything out of your body. 'You don't have any iron and your liver's overacting.' It was like all these things were physically wrong with my body, so I had to saturate with vitamins and kind of get back on this track."
Since receiving her wakeup call, the single star has adopted a healthier diet. "I cut out all sugar. Anything that turns into sugar is sugar. I love a soda, I'm not a chocolate candy person, but, I like pasta in anything," Longoria said. "For about three months, I did a really strict no-sugar diet, and I had more energy than I've ever had. My palate was different. Things tasted better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite