Eva Longoria: I Didn't Question My Worth After Tony Parker Cheated
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: VPB/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Most women would be furious to learn that their husband had been unfaithful. Not Eva Longoria.
On Lifetime's "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, the 37-year-old "Desperate Housewives" star said she doesn't carry any "baggage" from her failed three-year marriage to San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker, 29.
"I am so secure in who I am. I really am! And I'm not conceited. I just think, "Wow, OK, that's the life you want to live.' It wasn't about who he chose. I mean, I had moments [where I wondered], 'Am I not sexy enough? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not smart enough?' But in so many of those questions, I immediately stopped and said, 'No, don't start doing that.' Because you can get stuck in that cycle and you can carry on to other things."
Longoria confronted Parker about the hundreds of inappropriate texts between him and mutual friend Erin Barry (who denied having an affair), which helped her understand why he cheated.
"Even having the conversation, I really wanted to provide a pillow for him to say and express 'the why.' Because I really wanted to know why," Longoria explained. "'I don't want to judge you. I'm not going to judge you. I'm not going to be mad in this moment. I'll be mad later.'"
The actress added, "People say, 'What grace!' And it wasn't that. I really wanted to know, and if you genuinely want to get something out of somebody, you have to not judge."
Longoria acknowledged that Parker's infidelity "was definitely not about me" and hearing about it "didn't make me feel better, but it helped me understand."
Sixteen months after her divorce was finalized, Longoria said she's "having a lot of fun" again. "I'm in a transitional state where I have no rules and I have no boundaries, and I don't really want to put those back up."
"The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria: I Didn't Question My Worth After Tony Parker Cheated
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite