Eva Longoria: I Didn't Question My Worth After Tony Parker Cheated
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: VPB/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- Britney Spears Suffers Worst Album Debut Ever With 'Britney Jean'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:45:32 PM
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Preview: QVC's Lisa Robertson Lays Down the LaMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:16:06 PM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar Contenders
Most women would be furious to learn that their husband had been unfaithful. Not Eva Longoria.
On Lifetime's "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, the 37-year-old "Desperate Housewives" star said she doesn't carry any "baggage" from her failed three-year marriage to San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker, 29.
"I am so secure in who I am. I really am! And I'm not conceited. I just think, "Wow, OK, that's the life you want to live.' It wasn't about who he chose. I mean, I had moments [where I wondered], 'Am I not sexy enough? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not smart enough?' But in so many of those questions, I immediately stopped and said, 'No, don't start doing that.' Because you can get stuck in that cycle and you can carry on to other things."
Longoria confronted Parker about the hundreds of inappropriate texts between him and mutual friend Erin Barry (who denied having an affair), which helped her understand why he cheated.
"Even having the conversation, I really wanted to provide a pillow for him to say and express 'the why.' Because I really wanted to know why," Longoria explained. "'I don't want to judge you. I'm not going to judge you. I'm not going to be mad in this moment. I'll be mad later.'"
The actress added, "People say, 'What grace!' And it wasn't that. I really wanted to know, and if you genuinely want to get something out of somebody, you have to not judge."
Longoria acknowledged that Parker's infidelity "was definitely not about me" and hearing about it "didn't make me feel better, but it helped me understand."
Sixteen months after her divorce was finalized, Longoria said she's "having a lot of fun" again. "I'm in a transitional state where I have no rules and I have no boundaries, and I don't really want to put those back up."
"The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria: I Didn't Question My Worth After Tony Parker Cheated
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite