Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Byron Purvis / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI9 of 18
- Photo: @evalongoria/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI11 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 18
- Photo: HEDO/GSI15 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Eva Longoria is taking her support for President Barack Obama to the next level.
The 37-year-old actress will be speaking at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. In February, Longoria was named one of the 35 national co-chairs in Obama's re-election campaign.
"Ever since I was a little kid, my parents made sure I knew I could do anything if I worked hard, and my sister Lisa who faced obstacles growing up with special needs, taught me to be courageous and compassionate," the "Desperate Housewives" star said in campaign video. "This is how I try to live my life day to day, and this is what I see in everything President Obama does. Whether he's fighting for affordable health care and access to education, or supporting small businesses in the Hispanic community, over the last three years he's worked to reform our immigration system, to give everyone a fair shot at the American Dream."
The Democratic National Convention is being held from Tuesday, Sept. 4 to Thursday, Sept. 6, with the first two days being held at the Time Warner Cable Arena. On Sept. 6, President Obama will accept the nomination for President at Bank of America Stadium.
Other speakers include Former President of the United States Bill Clinton, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland and Elizabeth Warren.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite