Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Byron Purvis / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI9 of 18
- Photo: @evalongoria/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI11 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 18
- Photo: HEDO/GSI15 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Eva Longoria is taking her support for President Barack Obama to the next level.
The 37-year-old actress will be speaking at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. In February, Longoria was named one of the 35 national co-chairs in Obama's re-election campaign.
"Ever since I was a little kid, my parents made sure I knew I could do anything if I worked hard, and my sister Lisa who faced obstacles growing up with special needs, taught me to be courageous and compassionate," the "Desperate Housewives" star said in campaign video. "This is how I try to live my life day to day, and this is what I see in everything President Obama does. Whether he's fighting for affordable health care and access to education, or supporting small businesses in the Hispanic community, over the last three years he's worked to reform our immigration system, to give everyone a fair shot at the American Dream."
The Democratic National Convention is being held from Tuesday, Sept. 4 to Thursday, Sept. 6, with the first two days being held at the Time Warner Cable Arena. On Sept. 6, President Obama will accept the nomination for President at Bank of America Stadium.
Other speakers include Former President of the United States Bill Clinton, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland and Elizabeth Warren.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite