Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Byron Purvis / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI9 of 18
- Photo: @evalongoria/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI11 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 18
- Photo: HEDO/GSI15 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and More Celebs Part of a New Nude Photos Leak?MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Are Latest Victims of Nude Photo Leaks (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:35:00 PM
- Polly Bergen, 'Cape Fear' Actress, Dead at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:30:00 PM
- Ruby Dee memorialized in NYC with song and danceMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:10:22 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansions
Eva Longoria is taking her support for President Barack Obama to the next level.
The 37-year-old actress will be speaking at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. In February, Longoria was named one of the 35 national co-chairs in Obama's re-election campaign.
"Ever since I was a little kid, my parents made sure I knew I could do anything if I worked hard, and my sister Lisa who faced obstacles growing up with special needs, taught me to be courageous and compassionate," the "Desperate Housewives" star said in campaign video. "This is how I try to live my life day to day, and this is what I see in everything President Obama does. Whether he's fighting for affordable health care and access to education, or supporting small businesses in the Hispanic community, over the last three years he's worked to reform our immigration system, to give everyone a fair shot at the American Dream."
The Democratic National Convention is being held from Tuesday, Sept. 4 to Thursday, Sept. 6, with the first two days being held at the Time Warner Cable Arena. On Sept. 6, President Obama will accept the nomination for President at Bank of America Stadium.
Other speakers include Former President of the United States Bill Clinton, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland and Elizabeth Warren.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite