Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Byron Purvis / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI9 of 18
- Photo: @evalongoria/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: GRPR/GSI11 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 18
- Photo: HEDO/GSI15 of 18
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Little People, Big World's Matt and Amy Roloff SeparateMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Keke Palmer Joins Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind Auditions
Eva Longoria is taking her support for President Barack Obama to the next level.
The 37-year-old actress will be speaking at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. In February, Longoria was named one of the 35 national co-chairs in Obama's re-election campaign.
"Ever since I was a little kid, my parents made sure I knew I could do anything if I worked hard, and my sister Lisa who faced obstacles growing up with special needs, taught me to be courageous and compassionate," the "Desperate Housewives" star said in campaign video. "This is how I try to live my life day to day, and this is what I see in everything President Obama does. Whether he's fighting for affordable health care and access to education, or supporting small businesses in the Hispanic community, over the last three years he's worked to reform our immigration system, to give everyone a fair shot at the American Dream."
The Democratic National Convention is being held from Tuesday, Sept. 4 to Thursday, Sept. 6, with the first two days being held at the Time Warner Cable Arena. On Sept. 6, President Obama will accept the nomination for President at Bank of America Stadium.
Other speakers include Former President of the United States Bill Clinton, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland and Elizabeth Warren.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eva Longoria to Speak at 2012 Democratic National Convention
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite