Evelyn Lozada dismisses reconciliation rumors with Chad Johnson
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News1 of 5
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:16:17 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Season 4 Soars Over Last Season DebutMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:52 AM
- George Clooney Voices Support of Ukrainian Protestors, Boxing Champs Via Cell Phone (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:44 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'
"Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada has dismissed rumors of a reconciliation with ex-husband Chad Johnson even though the estranged couple spent New Year's Eve together.
Just over three months after their divorced was finalized, the pair was spotted together in a Miami, Fla., restaurant, along with members of Johnson's family. The party appeared to be in high spirits, and Lozada and Johnson even held hands as they rang in the New Year.
However, Lozada has now taken to her website to explain she was attending Johnson's fan appreciation dinner to support him as well as his daughter. She wrote, "It seems as though things have gotten a wee bit out of control ... While at the dinner, several photos popped up on the Internet of Chad and I holding hands, while in the process of blessing the food. The blogs made last night seem as though we walked hand and hand into the restaurant announcing a reunion, which wasn't the case
Lozada also insisted that while they may have returned to amicable terms, there are still no signs of them getting back together. She added, "I care for Chad, we are friends and we love one another, however, we are still separated, not living under the same roof and working on ourselves because we have a long way to go. Chad and I are attending therapy separately, meeting with a Life Coach and trying to figure out how to work on our individual selves and navigate through this entire ordeal."
Lozada and Johnson married in July 2012, but split two months later after he was arrested during a domestic dispute with his wife. Lozada allegedly suffered cuts and bruises in the altercation, which landed her in the hospital. She filed for divorce, and their separation was finalized in September 2012.
RELATED: Couples Ruined by Reality TV
Get out the vote
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite