Evelyn Lozada dismisses reconciliation rumors with Chad Johnson
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News1 of 5
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
"Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada has dismissed rumors of a reconciliation with ex-husband Chad Johnson even though the estranged couple spent New Year's Eve together.
Just over three months after their divorced was finalized, the pair was spotted together in a Miami, Fla., restaurant, along with members of Johnson's family. The party appeared to be in high spirits, and Lozada and Johnson even held hands as they rang in the New Year.
However, Lozada has now taken to her website to explain she was attending Johnson's fan appreciation dinner to support him as well as his daughter. She wrote, "It seems as though things have gotten a wee bit out of control ... While at the dinner, several photos popped up on the Internet of Chad and I holding hands, while in the process of blessing the food. The blogs made last night seem as though we walked hand and hand into the restaurant announcing a reunion, which wasn't the case
Lozada also insisted that while they may have returned to amicable terms, there are still no signs of them getting back together. She added, "I care for Chad, we are friends and we love one another, however, we are still separated, not living under the same roof and working on ourselves because we have a long way to go. Chad and I are attending therapy separately, meeting with a Life Coach and trying to figure out how to work on our individual selves and navigate through this entire ordeal."
Lozada and Johnson married in July 2012, but split two months later after he was arrested during a domestic dispute with his wife. Lozada allegedly suffered cuts and bruises in the altercation, which landed her in the hospital. She filed for divorce, and their separation was finalized in September 2012.
RELATED: Couples Ruined by Reality TV
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite