Evelyn Lozada Files for Divorce; Says Domestic Violence Not OK
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 8
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Josephine Santos/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: RD/Ramon/Retna Digital7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from her husband, Chad Johnson, following his arrest on Saturday night on suspicion of head-butting her, her rep confirmed to the Associated Press.
Lozada claims in her divorce filing, submitted this morning in Florida, that her marriage is "irretrievably broken." The couple exchanged vows on July 4. In an exclusive statement to ET, Lozada opens up for the first time about the incident that led to the split.
"It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday. I am deeply disappointed that Chad has failed to take responsibility for his actions and made false accusations against me, it is my sincere hope that he seeks the help he needs to overcome his troubles. Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well. I'm grateful to my family, friends and fans for the outpouring of support during this difficult time," she tells ET exclusively in a statement.
Johnson, formerly known as Chad Ochocinco, has since been charged with battery, with a bond set at $2,500, and was cut from the Miami Dolphins football team. On Tuesday afternoon, he released his own statement, posted on his official website. "I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death. I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL. To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life," he said.
VH1 also pulled the couple's upcoming reality show, "Ev & Ocho," from its lineup Monday.
"Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series 'Ev and Ocho' from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it," VH1 said in a statement.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite