Lark Voorhies on Mental Health Rumors
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Ed Geller/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Yahoo/.4 of 8
- Photo: NBC5 of 8
- Photo: Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
In an exclusive interview, former "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies sits down with ET's Christina McLarty, refuting rumors that she is struggling with mental health issues.
Last month, Voorhies' mother Tricia spoke to People, claiming that the 38-year-old former teen star has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Likewise, former co-star Dustin Diamond told the magazine that he felt Voorhies "wasn't the Lark [he] knew" when he met with her in 2003 to record commentary for a Saved by the Bell box set.
Now, Voorhies responds to these allegations, saying, "I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. ... It's completely fictional."
As a showbiz veteran who has weathered a few storms in her life (she divorced in 2004, remarrying three years later), Voorhies explains how she stays strong in the face of adversity, saying, "It's much like fighting ... when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it's just the same. It's like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going ... we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle."
Tune in to ET tonight for more of Voorhies' revealing interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite