Lark Voorhies on Mental Health Rumors
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Ed Geller/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Yahoo/.4 of 8
- Photo: NBC5 of 8
- Photo: Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
In an exclusive interview, former "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies sits down with ET's Christina McLarty, refuting rumors that she is struggling with mental health issues.
Last month, Voorhies' mother Tricia spoke to People, claiming that the 38-year-old former teen star has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Likewise, former co-star Dustin Diamond told the magazine that he felt Voorhies "wasn't the Lark [he] knew" when he met with her in 2003 to record commentary for a Saved by the Bell box set.
Now, Voorhies responds to these allegations, saying, "I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. ... It's completely fictional."
As a showbiz veteran who has weathered a few storms in her life (she divorced in 2004, remarrying three years later), Voorhies explains how she stays strong in the face of adversity, saying, "It's much like fighting ... when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it's just the same. It's like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going ... we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle."
Tune in to ET tonight for more of Voorhies' revealing interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite