Lark Voorhies on Mental Health Rumors
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Ed Geller/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Yahoo/.4 of 8
- Photo: NBC5 of 8
- Photo: Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
In an exclusive interview, former "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies sits down with ET's Christina McLarty, refuting rumors that she is struggling with mental health issues.
Last month, Voorhies' mother Tricia spoke to People, claiming that the 38-year-old former teen star has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Likewise, former co-star Dustin Diamond told the magazine that he felt Voorhies "wasn't the Lark [he] knew" when he met with her in 2003 to record commentary for a Saved by the Bell box set.
Now, Voorhies responds to these allegations, saying, "I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. ... It's completely fictional."
As a showbiz veteran who has weathered a few storms in her life (she divorced in 2004, remarrying three years later), Voorhies explains how she stays strong in the face of adversity, saying, "It's much like fighting ... when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it's just the same. It's like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going ... we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle."
Tune in to ET tonight for more of Voorhies' revealing interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite