Lark Voorhies on Mental Health Rumors
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Ed Geller/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Yahoo/.4 of 8
- Photo: NBC5 of 8
- Photo: Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
In an exclusive interview, former "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies sits down with ET's Christina McLarty, refuting rumors that she is struggling with mental health issues.
Last month, Voorhies' mother Tricia spoke to People, claiming that the 38-year-old former teen star has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Likewise, former co-star Dustin Diamond told the magazine that he felt Voorhies "wasn't the Lark [he] knew" when he met with her in 2003 to record commentary for a Saved by the Bell box set.
Now, Voorhies responds to these allegations, saying, "I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. ... It's completely fictional."
As a showbiz veteran who has weathered a few storms in her life (she divorced in 2004, remarrying three years later), Voorhies explains how she stays strong in the face of adversity, saying, "It's much like fighting ... when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it's just the same. It's like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going ... we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle."
Tune in to ET tonight for more of Voorhies' revealing interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite