EXCLUSIVE: 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Being Investigated By Police And Child Protective Services
- Photo: MTV/Promotional1 of 6
- Photo: MTV/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: MTV/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: MTV/Promotional4 of 6
- Photo: Amber Portwood/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood lost her temper with ex-fiancé Gary Shirley on Tuesday night's episode and it didn't go unnoticed by the Anderson Police Department.
RadarOnline.com has learned that an investigation was launched after the 20-year-old mother was shown on the popular MTV show hitting and kicking Shirley during an argument.
"We were made aware of the domestic abuse following the episode that aired on MTV," Anderson Public Information Officer Mitch Carroll told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview. "Based on that there was a case drafted and a detective was assigned. The Department of Child Protective Services in Indiana notified us that they had been aware of the incident as well."
Ironically, the altercation between Portwood and Shirley ensued after he accused her of being a bad mom and threatened to report her to Child Protective Services.
"Once the detective reviews the initial case report ... there will need to be interviews conducted with Amber and Gary," Carroll said. "Anytime you have photographic or video evidence it helps."
A review of the video footage shows Portwood slapping and punching Shirley at least seven times.
Shirley does not respond physically to Portwood but instead just asks her, "Are you done?"
RELATED: Amber's body transformation
Viewers of the television show were shocked not just by the fight between Portwood and Shirley, but that their young daughter Leah was standing at their feet while they argued.
"Indiana's confidentiality law is very stringent and I'm not able to make any comment as to whether an investigation has been launched," Ann Houseworth of the Indiana Child Protective Services told RadarOnline.com.
"In the event that a call was made about the incident, we'd be required to give a copy of what we find to a prosecutor who will use that to decide whether charges will be filed."
Houseworth also noted that they wouldn't be able to utilize the reality-TV video footage in an investigation "unless we're called to the scene in fairly short order, as date and time can be changed on video."
Teen Mom airs Tuesdays on MTV at 10/9c.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite