'Facts of Life' star Lisa Whelchel has West Nile virus
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Wonderwall2 of 6
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Lisa Whelchel, star of the '80s TV classic "The Facts of Life" and a contestant on "Survivor: Philippines," says she's been diagnosed with West Nile virus.
She later followed up to thank her fans. "I've been very touched by all the sweet tweets. Other than tired, I'm feeling fine & expecting a full recovery. So grateful for you. Thanks!"
Whelchel is best known for her role as Blair on "The Facts of Life." The latest season of "Survivor" filmed in the Philippines, but she did not specify where or when she might have contracted the West Nile, a mosquito-borne virus.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite