'Facts of Life' star Lisa Whelchel has West Nile virus
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Wonderwall2 of 6
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Lisa Whelchel, star of the '80s TV classic "The Facts of Life" and a contestant on "Survivor: Philippines," says she's been diagnosed with West Nile virus.
She later followed up to thank her fans. "I've been very touched by all the sweet tweets. Other than tired, I'm feeling fine & expecting a full recovery. So grateful for you. Thanks!"
Whelchel is best known for her role as Blair on "The Facts of Life." The latest season of "Survivor" filmed in the Philippines, but she did not specify where or when she might have contracted the West Nile, a mosquito-borne virus.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite