'Facts of Life' star Lisa Whelchel has West Nile virus
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Wonderwall2 of 6
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
Lisa Whelchel, star of the '80s TV classic "The Facts of Life" and a contestant on "Survivor: Philippines," says she's been diagnosed with West Nile virus.
She later followed up to thank her fans. "I've been very touched by all the sweet tweets. Other than tired, I'm feeling fine & expecting a full recovery. So grateful for you. Thanks!"
Whelchel is best known for her role as Blair on "The Facts of Life." The latest season of "Survivor" filmed in the Philippines, but she did not specify where or when she might have contracted the West Nile, a mosquito-borne virus.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
George's Big Day
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite