'Facts of Life' star Lisa Whelchel has West Nile virus
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Wonderwall2 of 6
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films Down
Lisa Whelchel, star of the '80s TV classic "The Facts of Life" and a contestant on "Survivor: Philippines," says she's been diagnosed with West Nile virus.
She later followed up to thank her fans. "I've been very touched by all the sweet tweets. Other than tired, I'm feeling fine & expecting a full recovery. So grateful for you. Thanks!"
Whelchel is best known for her role as Blair on "The Facts of Life." The latest season of "Survivor" filmed in the Philippines, but she did not specify where or when she might have contracted the West Nile, a mosquito-borne virus.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite